About Dr. Maher
Dr. Nolan Maher is an orthopaedic surgeon specializing in hip and knee replacement, including minimally invasive joint replacement, complex revision joint replacement, joint preservation, and hip fracture surgery. His goal is to provide patients with comprehensive care for hip and knee problems, working closely with patients and therapists to devise a treatment plan. When surgery is indicated, he utilizes minimally invasive techniques and robotic navigation technology in order to provide the best possible outcomes.
Dr. Maher received his undergraduate degree from Yale University, and completed his medical degree at Loyola University Chicago. He then went on to an orthopaedic surgery residency at Mount Sinai, where he was selected as administrative chief resident during his final year. He also completed additional subspecialty training at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and CV Starr Hand Surgery Center. After his residency, Dr. Maher completed his fellowship in joint replacement and adult reconstructive surgery at NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital and the Insall Scott Kelly Institute.
Dr. Maher has trained with leaders in the field of robotics and navigation, and is also experienced in anterior hip replacement to provide his patients with advanced, minimally invasive options for joint replacement. He is also interested in research, and has published works on patient outcomes after hip replacement and the experience of NYC healthcare workers during COVID-19. In his spare time, Dr. Maher enjoys cycling, cooking, and visiting the many museums in NYC.
Nolan A. Maher, MD
FELLOWSHIP TRAINED ORTHOPAEDIC SURGEON
Dr. Maher specializes in the treatment of a variety of orthopaedic conditions and performs several orthopaedic procedures including:
- Hip Replacement
- Knee Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Joint Replacement
- Joint Preservation
- Hip Fracture Surgery
- Anterior Hip Replacement
- Robotic Assisted Joint Replacement
- Ceramic Hip Replacement
- UNDERGRADUATE: Yale University
- MEDICAL: Loyola University Chicago
- ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY RESIDENCY: Mount Sinai Health System
- JOINT REPLACEMENT & ADULT RECONSTRUCTION FELLOWSHIP: NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital; Insall Scott Kelly Institute
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- American Orthopedic Association Emerging Leaders Program – 2018
- Administrative Chief Resident 2018