- Total Hip Replacement
- Total Knee Replacement
- Revision Total Hip and Knee Replacement for:
- Painful, Failed Hip or Knee Replacements
- Failed Resurfacing and Metal-on-Metal Joint Replacements
- Surgery of the Knee for Arthritis Treatment
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Bloodless Surgery
Specializing in Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement and Revision Surgery
Dr. Harwin has performed thousands of total hip and knee replacements, using minimally invasive approaches. Because of his skill and expertise, he is often called upon to perform revision surgery, more complex joint surgeries to replace or repair existing artificial joints. For patients requiring total joint replacement, he offersthe most advanced materials available, including titanium,ceramics and wear-resistant plastics, which can significantlyincrease the longevity of the implant.
Dr. Harwin's Joint Replacement Service is the first in NYC to be awarded the Joint Commission's™ "Gold Seal of Approval"
"In achieving Joint Commission™ certification for these programs, Beth Israel has demonstrated its commitment to the highest level of care for patients undergoing hip, knee, and shoulder replacement and spinal fusion surgery," says Jean Range, MS, RN, CPHQ, Executive Director of Disease-Specific Certification at the Joint Commission.™
New York City's Center for Reconstructive Joint Surgery
To Relieve Your Hip and Knee Pain You Want "The Best" Care
Your joints are involved in almost every kind of physical activity, including simple movements such as walking, bending, and turning. If you suffer from joint pain, you know how severely it can limit your ability to move and work. To relieve your joint pain, you want "the best" care. Dr. Harwin certainly is the best having been named by several independent healthcare organizations.
Dr. Steven F. Harwin is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon renowned for his experience, skill, and design contributions to total hip and total knee replacement and reconstruction. He has been named
- "US News and World Report Top Doctor"
- One of America's "125 Outstanding Knee Surgeons," by Becker's Orthopedic Review
- "New York Super Doctor"
- "Best Doctor" and "Top Doctor in the New York Metro Area" by Castle Connelly Medical, Ltd.
- "Top Surgeon in America" by the Consumers' Research Council of America
- "Best Doctor in America" by the Best Doctors® organization, a group founded by professors affiliated with Harvard Medical School.
As founder and director of The Center for Reconstructive Joint Surgery, Doctor Harwin, together with his dedicated staff, provides:
- Thorough evaluation and accurate diagnosis of joint pain
- Effective treatment recommendations
- Patient education resources
- Expert surgical intervention, if needed
- The exceptional resources of Mount Sinai Beth Israel:
- "US News and World Report Best Hospital in New York."
- Awarded the Joint Commission™ "Gold Seal of Approval" for Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement
- "Best Hospital for Orthopaedics" – New York Magazine
- HealthGrades® "Best in Manhattan for Overall Orthopaedic Services"
- HealthGrades® 5 Star "Best Quality for Total Joint Replacement"
- UnitedHealthcare's® "Premium Specialty Center for Total Joint Replacement"
- Selected as one of 101 Hospitals with Great Orthopedic Programs by Becker's Hospital Review
Doctor Harwin uses state-of-the-art implants and technology including:
- Ceramic Bearings, Titanium, Vitallium and X3 Polyethelene
- Accolade, Trident, and MDM Mobile Bearing Total Hip Replacement Systems
- Restoration Modular Revision System
- Triathlon Total Knee Replacement System
- Triathlon Partial Knee Replacement System