Dr. Harwin in the News
Dr. Harwin's accolades and appearances:
- "US News and World Report Top Doctor"
- One of America's "125 Outstanding Knee Surgeons," by Becker's Orthopedic Review
- "New York Super Doctor"
- "Best Doctor" and "Top Doctor in the New York Metro Area" by Castle Connelly Medical, Ltd.
- "Top Surgeon in America" by the Consumers' Research Council of America
- "Best Doctor in America" by the Best Doctors® organization, a group founded by professors affiliated with Harvard Medical School
- CBS News
- The WB News
- Men’s Journal Magazine’s Top Sports Doc in America
- Live Webcast of Total Knee Replacement with Dr. Hitt
- CNN: Minimally Invasive Surgery and Bloodless Surgery
- Live Webcast on the Treatment of the Arthritic Hip and Knee
- NYCity Woman Hip Replacement 101 Article
- Becker's Healthcare: 125 Knee Surgeons and Specialists to Know
- Selected as one of 101 Hospitals with Great Orthopedic Programs by Becker's Hospital Review
Read more of Dr. Harwin's interview with Becker's ASC Review about innovations and advancements in Orthopaedic Surgery.Read Full Article »
Read more about Dr. Harwin being named "America's Orthopaedic Surgeon to Know" by Becker's Orthopedic Review.Read Full Article »
Here are six common ways you could be damaging your joints, as well as ways to boost joint health. Dr. Harwi provides the tips.Read Full Article »
Dr. Harwin discusses the MDM Hip Replacement
A new study calls for better and more modern ways to evaluate patients before total knee replacement surgery.
If you need total joint replacement, total knee replacement, or reconstructive joint surgery, Dr. Steven Harwin may be the orthopedic surgeon you are looking for.
Malcolm’s knee replacement surgery was a success thanks to his expert surgeon, Dr. Harwin, and physical therapy.
Read about Dr. Harwin on shape.com and learn about Lady Gaga’s hip injury.
Medical experts say that patients who receive blood transfusions have more complications and infections and an increased length of stay in the hospital.
Read Full Article »
Dr. Harwin's interview discussing the "Challenges and Innovations on the Horizon for Orthopedic Technology."
Read about the Harwin Modified Cobra Retractor, designed for use during total hip and knee surgery.
Dr Harwin is Section Editor, Tips & Techniques, and is Chief of Adult Reconstruction and Total Joint Replacement, Mount Sinai Beth Israel, New York, New York.
Dr. James P. Stannard talks about the Journal of Knee Surgery. His Associate editors are Drs. Steven Harrwin, Gregory Fanelli, and Andrew Schmidt.
View Video »
Dr. Harwin discusses Bionic Knees on WXXA, Fox – Albany Health Alert. Patient Marlene received the Triathlon gender-specific knee replacement with excellent results.
View Video »
Innovative Design and cutting-edge technology have created a hip replacement that young patients can count on.
Read Full Article »
Mount Sinai Beth Israel Presentation: A Bloodless Approach to Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Harwin, Director of Total Joint Replacement Bloodless Surgery Program and Chief of Adult Reconstruction – Hip and Knee Replacement delivers a lecture on the bloodless approach to surgery
Dr. Harwin: Innovator of Implants
Dr. Harwin has helped to evolve the technology of modern joint implants and has contributed to several designs.
Dr. Harwin: Author
Dr. Harwin has authored multiple chapters and manuals on surgical techniques.
MDM Total Hip Implant System
Dr. Harwin discussed the MDM total hip implant system, reported by NBC, ABC and Fox News.
Avoid A-Rod’s Hip Injury
MensHealth.com featured Dr. Harwin to discuss how to avoid Alex Rodriguez's hip injury.
Becker's Hospital Review: 101 Hospitals With Great Orthopedics Programs
Selected as one of 101 Hospitals with Great Orthopedic Programs by Becker's Hospital Review.